Rolling Chassis - Red Soul
July 16, 2008
By John Mata,Jr.
It's time to get your roll on-what have you been waiting for? Yeah, it's a bit tough to choose a roller from the huge selection of complete chassis that are currently floating around the market, so we decided to lend a helping hand. How sweet of us, right? Let's not get too gooey here; we just want to see more custom chops cruising the boulevards. More importantly, we want your ass off the couch, barstool, or that stinky commode you find yourself reading this on. Get up and start turning the wrench on a brand-new scoot! There's lots to consider when shopping around for a rolling chassis, so cop a squat and soak up some inspiration from our pool of rollers. Summer's here-don't waste another minute!
Flyrite Choppers "Reach for...
"Reach for the sky" Roller
* Available in 30-degree, 0 stretch or 33-degree, 2-inch for Big Twin (shown)* Available in 33-degree, 0 stretch for '57-'82 Ironhead and '86-'03 Sportster
* Chrome Springer frontend with bearing and cups
* 40-spoke front and rear wheels with choice of black or whitewall tires
* Choice of 12- or 16-inch apes, or drag bars
* Rear fender shipped bare for custom drilling and cutting
* Sportster-style peanut tank
For more information, contact Flyrite Choppers at (512) 918-2467, or visit them online at www.flyritechoppers.com
Paughco Sportster "Low Budge"...
"Low Budge" Bobber Roller
* Compatible with '86-'03 Evo Sporty engines
* Stock length Springer frontend, 30-degree rake
* Featuring Paughco's own 21-inch front and 16-inch rear
spoke wheels wrapped in Avon rubber
* Expertly fabricated gas tank and oil bag
* Other included goodies: 6-inch flat fender, spring seat, mini apes, risers, headlight, PM caliper kit, and more
For more information, contact Paughco at (800) 423-2621, or visit them online at www.paughco.com
Bitter End - Old School Choppers...
Bitter End - Old School Choppers Inc.
"Bounty Hunter" Roller
* Features a real double-barrel shotgun (heavily reinforced backbone)
* Each roller is built from scratch, which means you choose the rake/stretch, height/fork length, tire/width setup
* Rollers are available for Evo Sportsters to Big Twin Shovelheads (shown)
* Features a Kiwi Indian leaf spring frontend
* Prices starting at $6,500
For more information, contact Bitter End Choppers at (877) 88-BEOSC, or visit them online atwww.bitterendchoppers.com
Washington Choppers Drag "Chop...
Washington Choppers Drag
"Chop Bob" Roller
* 1020 DOM steel tubing featuring TIG welding
* +2-inch Springer forks available in chrome or black
* Chrome 1-1/4-inch drag bars with chrome 4- or 6-inch risers
* Paughco Mustang gas tank and 9-inch contoured fender
* Chrome 60-spoke 21-inch front wheel and 16-inch rear wheel
* Avon Venom tires
* Ultima solo bobber seat available in black or brown
For more information, contact Washington Choppers at (360) 671-1916, or visit them online atwww.washingtonchoppers.com
Nash Motorcycle Co. "GIMPNECK"...
Nash Motorcycle Co. "GIMPNECK" Roller
* Frame: 32-degrees, 2-inch stretch in downtube
* 3 Guys Customs +2-inch springer
* NMC 16-inch gimp hangers or NMC 5-inch pullback drag bars
* 60-spoke, 21-inch front wheel, 18-inch rear wheel covered in Avon tires* NMC forward controls, slugger risers, bushings, and hardware
* Front and rear axle spacers and internal fork stop
For more information, contact Nash Motorcycle Co. at (360) 693-4225, or visit them online at www.nashmotorcycle.com
Desperado Motorcycles "Stage...
Desperado Motorcycles "Stage II" Roller
* Rolling Chassis is shipped completely assembled
* Chrome drag style handlebars with 8-inch risers
* Desperado's own chrome 21-inch front, 18-inch rear wheels are mounted with Avon tires
* Steel gas tank with mounting tabs welded in place
* Front and rear steel fenders with brackets welded in place
* Available in a rigid kit ($10,000) or a Softail kit ($11,000)
For more information, contact Desperado Motorcycles at (281) 259-1410, or visit them online at www.desperadomotorcycles.com
Streetwalker "Basic Chopper"...
Streetwalker "Basic Chopper" Roller
* Frame is stretched 6 inches up and 4 inches out, with 40-degree rake
* Kit features an 8-inch over springer fork set and Glory Ole 21-inch front, 18-inch rear wheels
* Sheetmetal also included; several different styles of bars and risers available
* Contact for pricing
For more information, contact Streetwalker Exhaust at (602) 391-8488, or visit them online at http://www.streetwalkerexhaust.com
Sucker Punch Sallys "Traditional"...
Sucker Punch Sallys "Traditional" Roller
* SPS wide tire frame
* Roller will accept Panhead, Shovelhead, and Evo motors
* Complete with 41mm wide-glide front end, including headlight risers and ape or drag handlebars
* Chrome 21-inch front, and 16-inch wheels
* Blackwall 21-inch Speedmaster tire and 16-inch white or blackwall tire (your choice)
* 2.4-gallon Sporty style gas tank
* Many options can be added to base chassis package
For more information, contact Sucker Punch Sallys at (480) 775-9500, or visit www.suckerpunchsallys.com
Young Choppers Roller * True...
Young Choppers Roller
* True do-it-yourself
chassis-custom-made to your specs
* Basic setup includes frame, frontend, bearings and neck cups, handlebars, front and rear spoke wheel assembly with tire, front and rear axle
* Optional components include gas and oil tank, brakes, leaf spring front end, and I-beam downtube
* Basic roller starts at $7,500
For more information, contact Young Choppers at (770) 425-1305, or visit them online at www.youngchoppers.com
Rooke Customs "K2" Roller...
Rooke Customs "K2" Roller
* Features a Kali frame with restyled axle blocks
* Rooke's unique "Nana" frontend with neck cups, bearings, and races
* Rooke's "Seven" wheels wrapped in Dunlop tires (bearings and spacers included)
* Optional fuel/oil tank available
* Frame accepts a wide variety of engine and transmission packages
* Offered in limited quantities
* Base price starting at $10,500
For more information, contact Rooke Customs at (602) 315-0207, or visit them online at www.rookecustoms.com
Covington Customs "Bobber"...
Covington Customs "Bobber" Roller
* Same chassis used in Covingtons production line bobber
* Features a Paughco Springer frontend with chrome billet risers
* Flanders ape hanger handlebars
* Sportster tank
* Flat fender with chrome strut
* Chrome 21-inch front, 16-inch rear chrome spoke wheels with whitewall tires and spring seat assembly
For more information, contact Covingtons Customs at (580) 256-2939, or visit them online at www.covingtonscyclecity.com
Kustomwerks "Chucky" Roller...
Kustomwerks "Chucky" Roller
* 180 tire rigid frame with 30-degree rake and 0 stretch
* 80-spoke 21-inch front, 18-inch rear wheels
* 9-inch Wild Card rigid fender
* Complete custom roller-order the chassis as shown or substitute wheels, bars, or any other parts for a truly unique platform
* Tires not included
For more information, contact KustomWerks at (800) 498-4711, or visit them online at www.kustomwerks.com
Redsoul Roller * Built around...
* Built around a Santee platform
* 40-degree rake, 6-inch downtube, and 4-inch backbone stretch
* 19-inch front and 18-inch rear P.M. El Dorado wheels
* Triple trees are a one-off design that have been narrowed 2 inches to accommodate the beefed-up front tire and feature integrated handlebars
* RedSoul exclusive foot controls with roller bearings for smoother action
* Rubber-mounted fuel tank
* Prices starting at $8,000
For more information, contact RedSoul at (206) 351-4004, or visit them online at www.redsoul.com
Zoom4parts Roller * Available...
* Available with your choice of double-down tube frame (shown) or single-downtube style
* Chrome forks feature a 4-inch stretch and
* 38-degree rake and will accept a
* 16- or 18-inch wheel
* Your choice of tanks, fork assembly, and wheels
* Each kit includes frame, oil tank, gas tank, handlebars, wheels, tires, pipes, and fork assembly
* Available for Sportster and Twin Cam
* Contact for pricing
For more information, contact Zoom4parts at (888) 316-1994, or visit them online at www.zoom4parts.com